My blog is so that I can purge all of the random junk that floats through my head and also share some of the memories and moments of our daily life... good and bad. Life as a single, working Mom to a child with Asperger's (aka: Assburgers. Lol) and a sweet, yet energetic 3 year old boy can be a chaotic trainwreck...but it is also amusing and wonderful too.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

I suck at being a grateful person lately. How can I teach my kids to be grateful if I don’t practice it myself right?

I had a brilliant idea that will kill two birds with one stone. I needed something to write about today and I need to figure out ways to be thankful for all of my blessings. I suppose if I did this every Thursday…it might become a habit.


Today, I am thankful for caffeine.

I know that sounds stupid but without it…life would suck ass. I am a tired Mom. I get about 5 hours of sleep on a regular basis ..give or take. The best thing in the world is a nice cold, bubbly soda first thing in the morning to get me moving. I have tried to quit caffeine. I STRONGLY advise against this. It is not pretty. You may deal with a headache, fatigue, sleepiness, inability to focus and concentrate or possibly even flu-like symptoms, irritability, depression and anxiety after skipping as little as one cup of coffee or soda a day. NO THANK YOU!
I don’t drink coffee very often. I hate the “yuck mouth”, the smelly pee and the rapid need to poop shortly after having coffee. I poop just fine on my own thank you very much. Sorry, that was kinda TMI.
I love me some caffeine. I only have 2 or maybe 3 zero calorie sodas a day but I MUST have them. I get the lovely withdrawal symptoms pretty quickly and the headache lasts for about a day.

Ok, I guess I can be more serious about this.

I am also very grateful for my parents.
They are seriously awesome. My Mom is the sweetest person ever! I have not met anyone that does not adore my Mom. She is so thoughtful, humble, selfless, a great Mom, friend and Gramma to my kiddos…not to mentions absolutely hilarious. I wish I had more of her personality traits and fewer of her less desirable physical traits…like wimpy sore feet, crummy complexion and a bodacious booty. LOL!

My Dad is also a great person. He is very smart. He recently completed his PhD in theology at 65 years of age. He is always learning new things. He is also a very wise dude. He always has friends or folks at church calling or pulling him aside to ask his advice on all sorts of issues. He’s got gorgeous blue eyes and all the old bitties at church adore him. He is the resident “funeral guy” He seems to do a lot of the funeral services and has a special gift of making someone’s passing not seem so sad. He has a wonderful way with words.

My parents always have my back. I appreciate how they trust me and my decisions on things in my life. They offer advice when asked but don’t meddle or get all up in my business. They don’t cause drama or play guilt games. I have so many friends with crazy ass parents and I am truly blessed to not have to deal with that crap. One of the best things about my folks is their connection with Lilly, my Aspie kid. They pick her up after school twice a week and help her with homework (this is no easy task), take her out for dinner, play with her on her level and by all her weird quirky rules. When Lilly is having a MAJOR meltdown and I need a break, they have no problem coming to pick her up for a change of scenery or talking her down over the phone.

I love my parents!! The ironic thing is.. I have some weird phobia or something because I cannot tell them that I love them in person.
I think that needs to be my next personal goal.


What are you Thankful for today?

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for my awesome dad! All the ladies love him too haha :D I love your blog it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for my caring, giving, awesome inlaws, both parent-in-laws and SIL.

    ReplyDelete

So...what did you think? I would love to know! Comments are appreciated!