My blog is so that I can purge all of the random junk that floats through my head and also share some of the memories and moments of our daily life... good and bad. Life as a single, working Mom to a child with Asperger's (aka: Assburgers. Lol) and a sweet, yet energetic 3 year old boy can be a chaotic trainwreck...but it is also amusing and wonderful too.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Aspie hates rules!

Well, so much for my idea of making our own Family Rules sign (see last Friday's post).

Tonight, the munchkins and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up the bike I ordered for myself online. It is a cool beach cruiser and it was extremely inexpensive.... so I had to have it. Thiey offered free Site to Store shipping so we just had to pick it up an they put the Giant box in my car. Easy peesy.

Anyway, while we were waiting for the lady to get the box from the back, I saw a Family Rules sign sitting right there on the counter. I excitedly told Lilly that I wanted to get one of those for our house. She started reading it...then stopped. She looked at me with her familiar grouchy stink-face and started reading it again... in her own lovely way.

*sigh*




Yep, that's my sweet little girl. *insert eye roll*

But wait, aren't Aspies supposed to love rules?  I guess only the ones that are logical.

Maybe I'll make my sign anyway.. even if she thinks it's stupid.

Neener Neener.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Asperger Mom's. This video? Could have been my 8 year old Aspie. He does that exact same thing (puts don't in front of rules) and hates rules...unless they're his own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh! What a priceless video. You better keep this for another 15 years or so :)

    ReplyDelete

So...what did you think? I would love to know! Comments are appreciated!